- A great future doesn’t just happen anymore than a good garden just happens. If you are not thinking, planning, and preparing for the future, you will end up living in the past. The future belongs to those who are willing to invest in it. We must have a mindset of foresight: “A prudent man foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished.” (Prov 22:3) We must always think at least two years ahead, otherwise we will always be in a survival mode, instead of an aggressive, possessing-the-land mode.
- “The children of Issachar, who had understanding of the times to know what Israel should do.” (1 Chron 12:32). If we maintain a strong, intimate relationship with God through Jesus Christ, we too can have this kind of understanding of our times and know what we should do.
- “By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became the heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.”
- Joseph interpreted Pharaohs dream as seven years of plenty and seven years of famine. Joseph was put in charge of storing up grain in the time of plenty and selling it during the time of famine. This one prophetic revelation took Joseph from the prison to the palace overnight and made Egypt the richest and most powerful nation in the world.
2. The wise invest in the future now. People won’t sacrifice much for today, but if they can catch a glimpse of a great future, they would be willing to sacrifice something small today for something gigantic tomorrow. It’s the principle of delayed gratification. We pay now and play later.
You must believe your future is worth fighting for!
The battle is not over your past or your present; its over your future. Destroy the author and the book will never be written; destroy the musician and the song will never be sung. We must stir up that pioneer spirit that birthed this Victory movement. We must continue to be pioneer pastors, leaders, and people who pioneer new churches and ministries. Pioneers are always seeking to push their present boundaries. There is more to Christianity, to church, to family, and to life itself, than we have experienced yet! And it’s time to really go after it! “And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs.” (Mark 16:20)
3.God has a plan to transform nations and prepare a people for the coming of Christ and the end of the age. This plan includes building lots of Jesus-loving, Bible-believing, Spirit-filled people and churches. Churches that have a passionate plan to reach every available person, at every available time, by every available means, with the gospel of Jesus Christ. John the Revelator saw the saints in heaven: “And they sang a new song, saying, ‘You have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.’” (Rev 5:9)
Church! The greatest harvest of souls the world has ever known lies just ahead of us. “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few: therefore, pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” (Luke 10:2) It’s time for churches to become Gods end time Combine Harvesters, empowered by the Holy Spirit to bring in this massive end time harvest! “Let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we faint not.” (Gal 6:9)
Dr. George Hill,
President and Founder, Victory Churches Internationalttt