Prayer And Fasting 2022
January 3rd-23rd, 2022 at 12 noon MST
NOTE: If you do NOT have a facebook account, you can still visit facebook.com/VictoryChurchesOfCanada and watch the stream. Clicking on the facebook links from this page below will take you to the page and facebook will ask for a login/create an account IF you are not already logged in. Just ignore the request to login and scroll down to the stream.
BIBLE READING HELPERS:
- Download the app You Version at www.bible.com Choose from many different types of Bible Reading Plans and many different versions of the Bible. Free download for Androids,tablets and PC’s. Start Fresh!
- Look up, read and study all the scriptures on Fasting and the scriptures on prayer while you fast. You will be amazed.
- Study the book of Daniel during your fast.
- Find scriptures to use in prayer as a basis of direction from God and as a weapon of authority against the enemy. Drs. George & Hazel Hill’s books, “Praying God’s Word” and “Fasting for Breakthrough & Revival” are useful tools.
TIME ALONE WITH GOD:
- Time normally devoted to eating, be given to being ALONE with God.
- At noon, take a short prayer walk. Spend some additional time in God’s Word. Pray for the leaders in your community, nation and world, or spend the first 15 minutes with Drs. George & Hazel Hill along with Pastors Terry and Terri Murphy beginning Jan 3-23rd, 2022. - (https://www.facebook.com/VictoryChurchesOfCanada)
- In the evening, take some time to be alone with God. Spend some time in solitude. Get away from every distraction possible.
- Keep a journal during your fast. Write down specific insights God gives you from His Word, promises that you have claimed and answers to prayer that you receive
ITEMS TO PRAY FOR:
In this new year, the Lord has a purpose that He desires to release upon you personally, upon your family, upon His Church and upon our nation.The following is an outline of some of the areas that you may desire to pray over in terms of spiritual breakthrough and victory:
- Personal Life – Habits/addictions, direction, and renewal
- Family Life – Unity, household salvation, prosperity, health, peace and protection
- Church Life – Unity, revival, leadership, missions, new souls
- Your Nation – Government, policy, and revival in the nation.
VICTORY CHURCHES begins each year with fasting and prayer. Fasting in January, giving God our first, establishes His will in our lives for the ENTIRE year! Although it is up to each church to decide on a date in January to hold a Fast,
Victory Churches will be doing a Daniel Fast from Jan 3-23, 2022 and we encourage you to join us! Pastors George & Hazel will be going live Jan 3rd - at noon MST (https://www.facebook.com/VictoryChurchesOfCanada) for 15 minutes of encouragement and prayer. Consider joining with us.
Mathew 6:33 - “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you”
Fasting and Prayer is a way for us all to seek God first. Fasting is a discipline that helps shift our priority to put God first and then wait and allow Him to show us His plan, receive His direction and His blessings. If we want success in our lives, in our marriages, in our church—putting God first is the key. Look at the great Bible Promise for Fasting in Isaiah 58:6-14 For some of the Jewish people, fasting became a faithless, mechanical performance, full of strife and anger. They weren’t truly humbling themselves and repenting of any known sin andwrong attitudes while fasting. Look at what God tells them:
Isaiah 58:6-7 - “Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To lose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens,to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out…”
Isaiah 58:8-9 - “Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’”
What a Promise! Start the year off right. Discover the rewards of putting God first in all things. Feast on the Lord instead of food. Fasting reminds us that food doesn’t sustain us; God sustains us.
WHAT IS A DANIEL FAST?
A Daniel Fast is a commitment to an extended, partial fast, for a specific purpose, in order to defeat strongholds of darkness, as well as to release the will and purpose of God over His people! Daniel restricted his diet. He eliminated meats, sweets and breads from his diet and ate fruit and vegetables and only drank water. He also prayed 3 times a day!
Many Fasts to Choose From (Examples)
- 3, 10, 21 or even a 40 day fast
- Full Fast-liquids only
- Pleasant food fast - no meats and no sweets
- Meal fast - skip certain meals each week
- Media fast - no TV and/or radio, video games etc.
SUGGESTED READING MATERIAL
Fasting for Breakthrough and Revival is a powerful and timely book written to encourage believers to seek God through prayer and fasting for revival in our individual lives, as well as in our families, our churches,our nation and the world.
This book contains a collection of powerful Word prayers adapted from the Word of God. Your confession of the scriptures, in faith,will bring about those things for which you are praying.
Available at the Victory Bookstore - www.victorybookstore.org
Every world leader would love to have these gifts… AND THEY CAN!
Let’s watch together what God will do in our lives and in our Victory Churches as we seek Him together as one.